Thursday 6 September 2012

My chemical free romance

 

My passion for natural chemical free beauty came about accidentally and was born out of the realisation of the ill effects my diet and lifestyle were having on me.

A chance meeting with a woman changed my life. She pointed out to me that the tumour that had suddenly grown on my hip , the memory loss, headaches and disturbed vision I was encountering may have something to do with the prolonged use of artificial sweeteners (aspartame) that were hidden in most of the foods I was eating and adding spoon fulls of to my tea during the day. The results of my research were shocking but led to positive changes in my life and a hunger for learning about the food and beauty industry. When I look back, I feel she saved my life.

Artificial sweetener I discovered, had long been a bone of contention with many government food departments world wide. Laboratory rats who had been fed this substance had developed tumours and neurological problems. There are many theories on how this product managed to squeeze through safety tests and why, after originally being rejected on three separate occasion's by the FDA. A quick search on the Internet can provide many answers . Once I took all artificial sweeteners out of my diet my symptoms slowly went away, although I had to have the tumour, which was thankfully benign, surgically removed.

The problem is, once you start delving into the world of mass production within the food industry and realising that the product that started life naturally growing in the field has been adulterated every step of the way, from growth to processing, including artificial preservatives, sweeteners and colours added, it opens the doors to examining everything you eat, drink, wash in and, apply to your skin daily. The romance had started and I needed to know everything.

I discovered that all the toxins you apply to your skin or take orally throughout the day goes into your bloodstream and has to be dealt with by your liver. The liver wasn't designed to take a daily onslaught of chemical toxins and something has to give in the end. Impurities are left in the blood stream which circulate around your body and has an effect on your health. It is said that the way in which mass production has interfered with our food through processing has caused a variety of health issues, hormone imbalance, obesity,epilepsy, behaviour problems in children, cancers, skin complaints allergies and depression to name just a few and that the processing of food has been done in such a way to make it purposely addictive - it's all about the money.

Unfortunately it doesn't just stop in your diet, for the beauty conscious woman who wants to look her best and buys the latest products to help achieve that - there is a minefield of parabens, petrochemicals and nasties to be discovered in the big brand mass produced products available. It has been reported that the chemicals in many of these products when used long term will actually accelerate ageing of the skin.

I have never felt better than I do today, I have made changes in every part of my life and try to stick to some golden rules:

  • Whenever possible buy organically produced food and keep away from processed ready prepared foods especially ones with artificial sweeteners, colours and preservatives. I use unrefined natural sugar instead

  • Use natural washing detergents and cleaning products  to avoid skin conditions

  • Only use natural beauty products bought from small businesses with a passion for their product not their shareholders 

  • The first step to looking and feeling your best has to come from a well thought out diet and natural beauty products can enhance your beauty even more.

Take a look at the ingredients on everything you eat, drink or apply to your skin today.

Toothpaste
Shampoo and conditioner
Anti-ageing creams and makeup
Body wash
Hair Dyes
Washing powder
Deodorants and antiperspirants
Processed foods and drink

On their own they may fall within the safety limits but collectively every day are they playing a role in seriously undermining your health?

Nature has provided us with a personal medicine chest, when left pure it can work wonders.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more Bella, we have a duty to our bodies to only give them the most natural ingredients and products.
    I'm glad your tumour was benign. How are you doing now?
    X Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you claire - I have never felt better XX

      Delete